I’ve been off for a while now. I don’t mean “off” as in from work. I mean off has in my productivity level, my overall mental health, and relationships with other people.
This week, I feel like my groove is coming back, but even more so today. I felt like I took the day by the balls, so to speak, and made it my own.
I have a MAJOR deadline coming up on Friday for work. This deadline has been looming over me since March (I believe). This deadline has the following things due.
- Scope and Sequence (the day to day objectives for my teachers to teach next year) for grades 3 – 6
- Example of what one of these looks like
- So picture this for every day there is a lesson to be taught. To be exact there’s 105 per grade for next year. Those have been done for a few weeks now.
- All Benchmark assessments for the entire year. 5 per grade level. These are not an easy thing to due. I couldn’t even start these until the Scopes and Sequences were finished. Once those were finished, I had to fill out this tab, on the same document that is pictured above
- You can see that as the tests go into the year, they get longer as the year goes. These are the same type of history tests we took as kids either. They are tough and massive, and not by my choice. I go by the requirement of the state.
That being said, I have completed all of the Scopes and Sequences for grades 3-8, and all of my assessments for 3-7. I should note that Grades 6 and 7, do not have Benchmark 5 in my networks system yet, because they are a state released test, so I don’t have to have those in there, but they are formatted and ready to go. The same will happen with 8th grade.
I’m sitting at 2 days to basically write 4 tests, and then I’m done with them. They are considered “Draft” forms until my teachers vet them throughout the year next year, but they are off my back.
I’ve spent the last few weeks working from home, because the amount of space I needed to spread out while working on these tests. This has been nice, because when I need a brain break, I can do random stuff around the house that I wouldn’t normally be able to do if I was at the office or another location.
So today, when I needed a break from the computer, I completed all of mine and my husband’s laundry (including folded and put away), the towels (folded and put away), washed our sheets and blanket and remade the bed. Swept my living room, kitchen, and bedroom (gotta love hardwood floors), and then went over them with hardwood floor cleaner.
Needles to say, I feel accomplished today. I feel like I’m sitting good coming in to this deadline that has been a major stressor for me for weeks. Unsure if I was going to get it done because I have been so mentally off.
Since I made that post the other day about lower my expectations, it has helped tremendously. I’m assuming that I just need to do it myself and not rely on someone else. Which at times can suck, but I also know that if I do it, it will get done and I can rest easier.
Let’s hope I can keep this momentum going, because I feel like myself. I feel like my nickname that my coworkers have given me, “The Beast.” And I haven’t felt like that for a very long time.
Today, this was me!